BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The New Layout

I loved the old layout, but with the shift in the relationship and my increased dependence on him, I felt like the blog needed a layout change. Its was not a conscious decision. The initial browsing of different layouts was the result of my usual procrastination. I'm suppose to be writing a dissertation, but I've barely started.

I wasn't conscious of it before, but looking back, I think the old layout and the new does signify certain changes in the dynamic as I see it. The old layout was like a secret garden. A notepad and a pencil on grass, surrounded by hedges, hidden away from the world. I was writing secret thoughts and keeping them safe in my private secret garden. It was my space, that Herb was more than welcome to visit, but it was essentially mine.

The new layout is more open. It still has leaves in it, red leaves this time, under a dusk sky. Purple and deep red are my favourite colours, so this fits me very well. The leaves signify nature, that what I'm writing about, my submissivness, is a natural part of me. It is red, a different colour from the majority of leaves. That again signifies my submissiveness, that I am different and apart. There are many leaves. I am not alone. I have many brother and sister submissives, but we are all red, all different. The background is the sky, at dusk. There is nothing to hide. My heart is open to my Master. I am no longer hiding, no longer avoiding. I want Master to know everything, to see everything, to read everything, if he so desires. It is dusk because that I write about are events and issues that are most important at dusk. Events which happen when the sun is down and no one but the moon and the stars are watching. Events and feelings which are not meant for the sun, but only for the silvery light of the moon.

Everything I just said about the new layout only came to me now. When I was looking for new backgrounds on Sunday, none of this had occured to me. I just picked what I thought I really like, like how I picked the previous one. I think the artwork I pick suits the occasion, it did the last time and before, and the new one does for me now too.

0 comments: